Revival comes when the Spirit of God blows over a place. It is a Sovereign work of God that can’t be manipulated. But, according to Charles Finney, there are things a Christian can do to prepare when it comes.
- When the wickedness of the world grieves and humbles us enough, we will cry out to God.
- When a spirit of prayer for revival is kindled. People join together to pray earnestly.
- When the minister preaches against sin and for God’s power and holiness.
- When Christians confess their sins to God and one another.
- When Christians willingly make sacrifices, allowing God to do what He wants with them.
Pastor Dave will be preaching Saturday evening, Pastor Charles will lead a time of prayer and reflection on Sunday evening and I will be preaching on Sunday morning and Monday night. Join us at 6:30 for a “Time of Refreshing.”