To prepare, equip, and disciple children, through study of Scripture and training in Christian disciplines; supporting the work of the Holy Spirit and their parents to bring them to new life in Christ and help them to live it abundantly.
Kids Alive exists so children will know the
- Life they have
- In Christ, the
- Vision He has for their lives, and the
- Excitement of telling others about Him.
Infants and toddlers are lovingly cared for in a safe environment during all regularly scheduled times of worship and study on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
Each Sunday morning from 9:15 to 10:15 children meet in small groups with a caring adult and other children their age to learn Biblical truths and spiritual discipline. Children may have units that cover topics such as heroes of the Bible, the characteristics of God, Old Testament offerings, the parables of Jesus, or prayer, just to name a few. Kids Alive Sunday school is offered for children age 2 through fifth grade.
Our Current Sunday School classes include:
- Sunday School (Toddler – Pre-K)Class: Sunday School (Toddler – Pre-K)Teacher(s): Paula GarnerTopic of Study: Baby Jesus, God Loves Me and What Did Jesus Do?For Ages: Toddler through Pre-KindergartenMeets: Weekly on Sunday at 9:15 amLocation: Toddlers Nursery
Toddler and Pre-K students will actively participate in learning God’s Word through Bible Stories, Bible activities (music, crafts, games and more) and prayer. Snack is provided and time for peer interaction.
- Sunday School (K-2)Class: Sunday School (K-2)Teacher(s): Jeff ReynoldsTopic of Study: David Cook series for Elementary EducationFor Ages: Kindergarten through second grade (K-2)Meets: Weekly on Sunday at 9:15 amLocation: Sea Turtles classroom
Each week children participate in a Jesus centered Bible lesson and have fun with a game, worksheets and craft that reinforces the lesson. Children also have time to share what they have learned while enjoying a snack together. This class meets in the Sea Turtle’s classroom every week at 9:15am.
- Sunday School (3-5)Class: Sunday School (3-5)Teacher(s): Laura Smith and Kelly FletcherTopic of Study: David Cook series for Elementary EducationFor Ages: Third grade through fifth gradeMeets: Weekly on Sunday at 9:15 amLocation: The Starfish classroom
Each week children participate in a Jesus centered Bible lesson and have fun with a game, worksheets and craft that reinforces the lesson. Children also have time to share what they have learned while enjoying a snack together. This class meets in the starfish classroom every week at 9:15am.
Kids Alive Worship (Sunday Mornings)
Kids Alive Worship is our children’s church program for children three years old through third grade. These children sit with their families in the sanctuary during the praise and worship portion of our Sunday morning service, and then at approximately 11:00 they leave the sanctuary for Kids Alive Worship where they get to enjoy object lessons that illustrate and inspire basic Christian truths.
Kids Alive Fellowship (Wednesday Nights)
Kids Alive Fellowship (Pre-K through 5th grade) meets on Wednesday nights from 6:30pm to 7:30pm with a Bible story, recreation, light snack, and creative time.
Vacation Bible School
Vacation Bible School (VBS) typically occurs annually during the month of August. Our VBS includes bible teaching, music, crafts, snack, fun and games! Visit our VBS page to learn more about our most recent or an upcoming VBS!
Right Now Media
Rightnow Media is a free ministry benefit for the members of Hanover Evangelical Friends Church. This benefit can be used for onsite ministries or at home for Bible studies, life groups, special studies, webinars, personal studies or for pleasure. Rightnow Media has over 20,000 discipleship videos for kids, youth and adults. Take advantage of your free benefit by activating your free Rightnow Media account.